Welcome to the Underwriting Central (UWC) section of the Asset Services Learning Center, a space dedicated to providing training resources and answering questions about using the Underwriting Central platform.
If this is your first introduction to Underwriting Central, be sure to check out the Underwriting Central page on DTCC.com to learn more. If you've already taken steps to begin using UWC, read on!
Follow the link above to learn about the new Underwriting Central platform, its benefits, workflow process, and what the industry is saying about UWC.
Training Resources Available Now
You may access UWC training resources as soon as they are published by visiting this page. Accessing some of the resources below will require you to be logged in to your User Account. Be sure to bookmark this page as more learning solutions are coming soon!
- Underwriting Central: Using the UWC Dashboard
This eLearning explains features such as Tiles, Display Grid Columns, Filters, Tooltips and how to access UWC Online Help within the Underwriting Central application. It includes a downloadable transcript. Approximate viewing time is 7 minutes.
- Underwriting Central: Submit to Issuer (Step 5 of the CD Creation Wizard)
This course explains how to complete step 5 of the CD Creation Wizard and submit a digital certificate to an issuer in Underwriting Central (UWC). It includes a downloadable transcript. Approximate viewing time is 5 minutes.
- Underwriting Central Help
Built right into the Underwriting Central application is a comprehensive context-sensitive help system. If you want to learn more about a field, button or process, chances are you can without even leaving UWC. Just look for Help icons [?] next to function names or in the upper right corner of the application!
Underwriting Central - Quick Guide to Features and Upcoming Functionality
Learn about the current scope of the UWC initiative, the application Dashboard, creating an offering, viewing an audit trail, special events and more! Be sure to check back often to get the most up-to-date version of the UWC Quick Guide.
DocuSign Frequently Asked Questions
Are you an issuer? Use this resource to help you better understand the electronic certificate and electronic BLOR DocuSign process.
Underwriting Frequently Asked Questions
This comprehensive resource answers FAQs on a variety of topics, including those important to FAST Agents, billing, closing new issues, chills, custody, eligibility, IPO tracking, ILOR and more. You'll always find the most recent version at the link above.
Training Resources Coming Soon
During the initial rollout phase, DTCC Learning began producing a series of videos to provide additional information about the UWC Dashboard (now available), Submit to Issuer: Step 5 of the CD Creation Wizard (now available), Submitting Electronic Retail Certificates of Deposit (E-CDs), and using UWC's downloadable spreadsheet templates to create a CD offering. As those videos become available they will be posted here.
Learn More About Underwriting Central
Select the tabs below to learn about the new Underwriting Central platform, its benefits, workflow process, and what the industry is saying about UWC.
What is UWC?
- UWC allows the use of Electronic Retail Certificates of Deposit (E-CDs) that don't require issuers to print, sign, and mail a physical master certificate.
- Underwriting is the entry point for depository and book-entry transfer services at DTC.
- The Underwriting Central (UWC) application integrates data validation, electronic vaulting, and e-signatures to create a better experience for brokers and issuers. It improves upon UW Source with a more streamlined user interface, fewer operational touch-points, improved data quality, and added transparency into the DTC eligibility life cycle.
Phased Roll Out
- DTC conducted a Soft Pilot with one Underwriter and one Clearing Agent.
- On April 5th a soft launch made UWC accessible to between 40-50 Issuers.
- A full go-live date is planned in the weeks ahead for all Underwriters, Issuers and Agents.
The Underwriting Central (UWC) platform has been very well received in the weeks since it was announced. Some client quotes include:
- “I’ve been waiting 20 years for this” – BNYM
- “I love it, it works great, I love the dashboard so I can see where things are at. And all in all, I think it is working GREAT!!!” - MBS
- “I’ve been looking forward to this...this is a huge win for the industry” – Anonymous
- “This will make our process much easier, especially during times while folks are out of the office” - Anonymous
DTC looks forward to YOUR feedback as well!