We are excited to announce the release of our brand new user guide, designed to help you make the most out of your Learning Center experience.
- ISO 20022 Messaging - Reorganizations Instructions (User Guide)
- Message Inventory and MX/ISO 20022 Equivalencies
ISO 20022 Messaging
Welcome! In this section of the DTCC Learning Center you will find resources related to DTC's use of ISO 20022 real-time MQ messaging and files for automated electronic communication with clients. Use Quick Links, the ISO 20022 Resources tab (utilize filters to help narrow returned results), and Search to learn more.
ISO 20022 is an international messaging standard that simplifies global business communication by creating a common language for financial information. DTC uses ISO 20022 real-time MQ messaging and files for automated electronic communication with clients. The ISO 20022 standard provides a modernized business model and platform that replaces legacy proprietary formats and files.
Corporate Actions Messaging Specifications for ISO 20022 are intended as an implementation overview for both technical and business experts. DTCC uses the ISO 20022 Corporate Actions Message format for its Corporate Actions Announcements, Entitlements and Allocations, Instructions and Meetings data.
The following resources may be accessed via the ISO 20022 Messaging Specifications page on DTCC's corporate website:
Standard Release (SR) message types in .zip archives:
- Business Application Header
- Entitlements and Allocations
- Elective Dividend Instructions
- Voluntary Reorganization Instructions
- Meeting Proxy
DTCC provides messaging specifications for the standard ISO 20022 message and when applicable, its proprietary Extension component.
The specification zip files contain the following folders, when applicable:
- Message Usage Guidelines in Excel format
- Message Usage Guidelines in .pdf format
- DTCC extension schemas
- ISO 20022 unrestricted schemas
Also available are the following ISO 20022 Messaging User Guides:
- Getting Started - Announcements & Data Model
- Distributions (Entitlements and Allocations)
- Redemptions (Entitlements and Allocations)
- Reorganizations (Entitlements and Allocations)
Other, publically available related resources can be found at the following locations:
- Corporate Action Data Dictionaries
- Legacy Mappings
- Automating Distributions Instructions for Elective Dividend Events
The information and links above are provided for your convenience. For additional ISO 20022 Messaging resources, see the ISO 20022 Messaging Resources tab.