The CNS® system is the core netting, allotting, and fail-control engine of NSCC. Within CNS, each security is netted to one position per participant, with NSCC as its central counterparty (novation). From CNS, you can
- Search for open CNS positions, including long and short buy-in positions.
- View the CNS cash balance for your participant account.
- Add, edit, delete, and search for existing fully-paid-for, exemption, and priority instructions.
The CNS learning content is designed to familiarize NSCC participants with all the functions of the CNS process. Review CNS learning content to:
- List all the reports that are used to complete and balance daily settlements.
- Explain each report, its function, and how it relates to each step in the settlement process.
- Explain how the netting process works.
- Explain the importance of the Consolidated Trade Summary (CTS).
- Explain a one-day settling trade.
- Distinguish between CNS and Non-CNS transactions.
- Explain the importance of the Miscellaneous Activity report.
- Understand the importance of the Preliminary and Final Cash Reconciliation Statements and the Daytime and Nighttime Settlement Activity Reports.
- Understand the importance of the Final Settlement Statement and the Accounting Summary.
Members should refer to the Rules and Procedures of NSCC and other applicable parties for the legal obligations of all parties concerned. This guide is not intended to serve as a legal document. All brokerage firms and member numbers are fictional and used for illustration only. No statement in this content should be construed as a legally binding rule or regulation, or as creating an obligation on the part of NSCC or any person.
Login to view all of the content available in the Learning Center.
|Let's Get Started!||
|Continue the Journey|
|Let's Keep Learning!|