The Continuous Net Settlement (CNS) learning content is designed to familiarize NSCC participants with all the functions of the CNS process.
|The CNS Overview webcasts provide a great introduction to Continuous Net Settlement at DTCC. Log in to view CNS content in this Learning Center.|
Review CNS learning content to be able to:
- List all the reports that are used to complete and balance daily settlements.
- Explain each report, its function, and how it relates to each step in the settlement process.
- Explain how the netting process works.
- Explain the importance of the Consolidated Trade Summary (CTS).
- Explain a one-day settling trade.
- Distinguish between CNS and Non-CNS transactions.
- Explain the importance of the Miscellaneous Activity Report.
- Understand the importance of the Preliminary and Final Cash Reconciliation Statements and the Daytime and Nighttime Settlement Activity Reports.
- Understand the importance of the Final Settlement Statement and the Accounting Summary.
Members should refer to the Rules and Procedures of NSCC and other applicable parties for the legal obligations of all parties concerned. This guide is not intended to serve as a legal document. All brokerage firms and member numbers are fictional and used for illustration only. No statement in this content should be construed as a legally binding rule or regulation, or as creating an obligation on the part of NSCC or any person.