The FICC Loss Allocation Overview eLearning is divided into three parts. The eLearning assumes you will watch all three parts in order as the information in each builds on the part which precedes it. The Resources link provides access to transcripts for each part, and a Knowledge Check is included in Part 3 to solidify your comprehension of the concepts. You will also have the opportunity to share feedback for this eLearning at the end of Part 3.
The topics covered in the FICC Loss Allocation Overview, Parts 1 - 3, include:
- FICC loss allocation practices as they apply to both Defaulting Member and Declared Non-Default Loss events,
- loss allocation rule enhancements implemented in 2018,
- the look back period,
- pro rata share of losses calculation for FICC members,
- the Loss Allocation Cap,
- the member withdrawal process,
- the Event Period, and
- hypothetical scenarios demonstrating how these concepts are applied during an Event Period in the case of single- or- multiple-member default.
Links to videos appear below. You will need to be logged in to view them.